Exams are administered according to the scheduled dates and times. See Spring Exam Schedule,
A number of organizations offer Diploma Exam Prep classes in early January. For schedules and information, contact the following:
DIPLOMAX - Phone 448-0631 or check the website at http://www.primetimetutors.com/
APEX - Phone 940-009
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
A student must earn 100 credits in order to graduate from high school in Alberta. Parents and students should discuss high school requirements with a school counselor.
The following courses are required within the 100 credits:
- English Language Arts 30-1, 30-2, 30, or 33
- Français 30 or 33 (for French first language-Francophone students only)
- Social Studies 30 or 33
- Mathematics at the 20 level
- Science, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics at the 20 level, or a combination of Science 10 and Science 14
- Physical Education 10 (minimum of 3 credits)
- Career and Life Management 20 (minimum of 3 credits)
- 10 credits in Fine Arts, CTS, Second Languages, Locally Authorized Courses, or Physical Education 20 and/or Physical Education 30
- 10 credits in any 30 level courses in addition to English or Social Studies (Francophone students may use a 30-level English Language Arts course as part of this requirement).
More information on high school diploma requirements can be found in the Guide to Education.
To access your diploma exam marks, please visit Alberta Education’s myPass website.