Diploma Exam Preparation
Diploma Exam Prep Classes
A number of organizations offer Diploma Exam Prep classes in early January. For schedules and information, contact the following:
DIPLOMAX - Phone 448-0631 or check the website at http://www.primetimetutors.com/
APEX - Phone 940-009
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
A student must earn 100 credits in order to graduate from high school in Alberta. Parents and students should discuss high school requirements with a school counselor.
The following courses are required within the 100 credits:
- English Language Arts 30-1, 30-2, 30, or 33
- Français 30 or 33 (for French first language-Francophone students only)
- Social Studies 30 or 33
- Mathematics at the 20 level
- Science, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics at the 20 level, or a combination of Science 10 and Science 14
- Physical Education 10 (minimum of 3 credits)
- Career and Life Management 20 (minimum of 3 credits)
- 10 credits in Fine Arts, CTS, Second Languages, Locally Authorized Courses, or Physical Education 20 and/or Physical Education 30
- 10 credits in any 30 level courses in addition to English or Social Studies (Francophone students may use a 30-level English Language Arts course as part of this requirement).
More information on high school diploma requirements can be found in the Guide to Education.